All around the world, we celebrate our very first WORLD AUDIO DRAMA DAY!
Thanks so much to Sibby Wieland, David Jarvis, Sonia James from Sound Stages Radio who came up with the original idea and have worked so hard to get the word out. And special thanks to Pete Lutz from Narada Radio Company and Fiona Thraille from Cooperantem Radio for all their work and interest in promoting this celebration on Facebook and through the rest of social media.
How can you celebrate?
Here’s some things to consider:
1. Share a radio drama with your family tonight. Turn off all the cell phones, other technology and extraneous lights and enjoy a drama.
2. Share an audio play at dinner with a loved one.
3. Find your favourite audio theatre episode and listen while you drive to work.
4. Download some shows you’ve always wanted to listen to, but never had the chance for your workout session today.
5. Send around a link to your friends with the twitter tag #HappyWorldADD of your favourite shows from modern audio theatre
6. Talk to people about your favourite shows.
7. Clean the house or dishes old school with an audio drama playing.
8. Go for a nice long walk timed to an audio pulp production!
9. Bake some holiday food while listening to an audio show.
10. Burn some CD’s of some awesome audio drama and leave it randomly for people to find.
In whatever way you intend to celebrate today, have fun doing it and let us know!